Friday, May 4, 2012

Another refashion story : 1 Jumpsuit = 2 Easy Peasy Aprons

Hi, again!
Remember the old-non wearable shorts jumpsuit I have ...
after I recyled the front pocket for Jojo's tote bag...
click here for the post

I'm not so sure what to do with it



I don't have any plan...
So, I just cut away the bottom seam of the shorts
and rolled into a simple 'flower'...
but I still not very happy with it



Now, what to do with the 'leftover' of the jumpsuit?
As you can see...I still clueless...
So, I use a seam ripper to disconnect the front and the back panel of the jumpsuit
Yup!!! And there it was!  I absolutely know what to do with them now!!!

Step #1
Remove the side seam of your jumpsuit 
to produce a front and back panel

Step #2
Sew two pieces of  2 ~ 3 feet long strap about an inch width.

Step #3
Attach the straps on the back panel of the jumpsuit

Step#4
Ask your daughter to help you with the camera while you 'model' the result!
Like this.


I am actually wearing the back panel of the jumpsuit!



This is how I wear it at the back
I recycle the metal clip from the jumpsuit


The original pocket on the left have been use on Jojo's school tote
so, I fix the pocket with some fabric scrap


I didn't sew on the straps to tie to the back
I just cut a small hole and 'attached' it on to the original button.
How convenient!
Love this



I love the 'neckline'


And the front panel...
Coming soon, dear!


Love
PC
Jojo
Mei Mei 



Party at

  Boogieboard Cottage The Southern InstituteMakingspread the joyThe Stuff of Success

12 comments:

  1. Hi PC you are so smart..I like your idea & the flower is so cute, can be used in different projects..I like it dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I just wish I hadn't passed on my son's :-(

    Thank you for popping over to comment on my pendant giveaway. Stay tuned for the tutorial and the announcement of the winner this Wednesday!

    Agy of Green Issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very clever refashion!!! I love everything about it!!! I would love for you to share this at our ongoing linky that's just for Aprons...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/02/threading-your-way-aprons-and-art.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up. I look forward to seeing more of your creativity...

      Delete
  4. So smart! The neckline is really perfect - I love the way you spotted it suddenly. I really like the use of the original clip for the neck closure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRILLIANT!! You've really made use of every part of your jumpsuit - the perfect upcycle! You are a genius PC!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi PC, I've featured your jumpsuit apron today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-features_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and efficiently made ,,,
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! What a great way to use up the jumpsuit. You made it look so cute, too. I love the scrap fabric pocket. It really adds some nice color and cheers up the apron. Very clever!

    Jessica@SunnyStitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi PC, I've featured your apron today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/07/refashioning-denim.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi PC, I've featured your jumpsuit apron again today...
    http://www.threadingmyway.com/2013/05/shirt-apron.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is very clever indeed! Well done, I really like this one!
    Christine

    ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!